Why Has Metoprolol Succ Er 50 My Been Recalled

Updated

why was Metoprolol recalled and what date?

4 Replies

Earliest Newest Votes

"Sandoz is voluntarily extending the September 17, 2008, recall of Metoprolol Succinate Extended Release Tablets 25mg and 50mg, to include all strengths of distributed lots with expiration dates through August 2010. This voluntary action by Sandoz is due to deficiencies in documentation practices and in-process controls for this product. This voluntary recall is being conducted down to the retail level with the knowledge of the FDA. The affected lots were shipped approximately between November 2006 and October 2008. (Sandoz Press Release 11/3/08)" [1]

Hope this information helps.
Do you have any other questions or information to add? Please post back if you do...

Source: [1] http:/­/­www.ipcrx.com/­public/­updates/­highpoints/­industrynews111208.pdf

Was this helpful? 0

Another related article from ETHEX also states that:

"ETHEX Corporation, a subsidiary of KV Pharmaceutical (NYSE: KVa/KVb), is issuing, as previously disclosed by KV Pharmaceutical Company on January 26, 2009, a nationwide voluntary recall of the products identified below (all lots within their expiration dates) at a wholesale or a retail level as a precautionary measure because they may have been manufactured under conditions that did not sufficiently comply with current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs). Some of these products have had specific lots recalled earlier due to defects found, including oversized tablets delivering higher than labeled doses. These additional products are being removed to assure that no other defective products remain in the marketplace.

Patients who may have these medicines in their possession should continue to take them in accordance with their prescriptions, as the risk of suddenly stopping needed medication may place patients at risk. Patients should contact their physician or healthcare provider if they have experienced any problems that may be related to taking or using these products, or to obtain replacement medications or prescriptions."

Metoprolol Succinate ER Tablets 25 mg, 50 mg, 100 mg, 200 mg are all on the list.

Source article and full list of medications which were recalled:
http:/­/­www.ethex.com/­news/­pressRelease012809.aspx

Was this helpful? 0

I believe that some tablets had more of the medication in them and others had none. I had a serious problem with this med that led to many more difficulties. I hope someone will find out the truth.

Was this helpful? 0

i have resently been perscribed metoproplol er succinate 50 mg tabs. to take one a day. i would like to know why it was removed from market. it stoped my chest from hurting 6years after double heart bypass. the pain would not let me walk a block, so what is it my doctor is not telling me about this pill???? i am 65. years old and would like to be here for along time , i have grandchildren and children and greatgrandchildren

Was this helpful? 0

More Discussions:

Has metoprolol succer been recalled?

Recall of metoprolol ## There has been much talk about this lately, and it does appear that it is being recalled from ce...

5 REPLIES
metoprolol succer 50mg roun white tab with m50 on front

Metoprolol succer. 50 mg, m50. Round white tab, is it safe ## Hello, Cheryl! How are you? This tablet is approved for sa...

2 REPLIES
METOPROLOL SUCC ER 50 MG

oblong tablet, G282 imprint on back, scored on front to break in half ## I could not find anything with that marking in ...

28 REPLIES
metoprolol succ er 50mg

This is a white large oval tablet with a slpit on one side down the middle and 369 on the other side. The Mfr. is ETHEX ...

22 REPLIES
metoprolol succ er 50 mg tasan

I have been taking Metoprolol Succ ER 50 MG from Tasan for 2 years, and now CVS changed my prescription to Taeth. Is it ...

4 REPLIES
metoprolol succ er 50 mg tapar

What side effects.Does it cause loss of sleep. ## Metoprolol ER, the generic for Toprol XR is used to help control blood...

3 REPLIES
metoprolol succ er 50 mg taeth

white oval scored pill, imprinted 369 ## My Metoprolol Succ Er 50 mg was changed by the drugest. The number is W735-tabl...

2 REPLIES
metoprolol succ er 50 mg tawoc

metoprolol succ er 50 mg tawoc - imprint 1 W 735 - Mfr: Wockhardt America - IS THIS THE CORRECT TABLET FOR METOPROLOL? #...

2 REPLIES
Metoprolol Succ Er 50 Mg Tablet

my metoprolol succ er 50mg tablet has mt2 on the back of the tablet. is it o.k. to take the tablet ## This 50mg Metoprol...

1 REPLY
Metoprolol Er Succinate 50mg Tabs

i've taken metoprolol er succinate 50 mg tabs( round white tablet side 1 logo 831) for five days for heartbeat and a...

4 REPLIES